View a list of our upcoming events for the year. Want to stay notified of new events and initiatives? Subscribe to our mailing list.
- This event has passed.
Murder in the Manor
October 18 @ 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm UTC+0$45.00
Murder is on the menu and everyone is potentially guilty. Prepare for a night of treachery, murder, and suspense where some of the guests at the party are suspects and you will help to find the killer!!
Murder in the Manor will be held at The Players, a private social club founded in New York City by the noted 19th-century Shakespearean actor Edwin Booth, the brother of the infamous John Wilkes Booth. Join us at the luxurious mansion located across from Gramercy Park and immerse yourself in the historical, theatrical and art pieces and a bit of the macabre.
Try and uncover 7 clues in each of the 7 different rooms of the manor. You might need to speak to a character in each room or look on the walls or around the room to find your answer! Meet in the main ballroom at 9:00 pm for the big reveal and special prizes for those who have answered everything correctly and figured out the murder mystery.
Complimentary wine and hors d’oeuvres will be served throughout the evening to mark the special occasion.
Guests are encouraged to come wearing attire that channel their Great Gatsby/prohibition era characters or channel characters from the movies Murder by Death or Clue. But not to worry. Business attire will always be accepted. Best male and female costume for the evening will win a prize.
The event is hosted by technology and service providers in the legal community to raise awareness around human trafficking and raise funds for Life Preservers Project. Any net proceeds from the event and all ticket sales will benefit Life Preservers Project.
- Allie Banks, Senior Practice Technology Project Manager at Latham & Watkins
- Cat Casey, Global Director, eDiscovery and Practice Technology at Gibson Dunn
- Courtinay Casey, Dispute Resolution Support Project Coordinator at Linkaters
- John L. Kapp, Manager of Practice Support and E-Discovery at Shearman & Sterling
- Brian Jenson, Director of Legal Service Delivery at Orrick
- Kit Levine-Flandrup, Litigation Support Manager, EDiscovery at Richards Kibbe & Orbe
- Nikki Samuels, Manager of eData Practice Support at Morgan Lewis
- Jeanette Weir, Litigation Support Manager at WilmerHale
- Phil Weldon, Manager E-Discovery at Fried Frank
This event could not be possible without the imagination and support of the following legal technology and service providers who have come together to host the event for Life Preservers Project.
We also thank the following associations for their continued support.