View a list of our upcoming events for the year. Want to stay notified of new events and initiatives? Subscribe to our mailing list.
- This event has passed.
Step to Stop Trafficking
November 1 @ 12:00 am - December 1 @ 11:59 pm UTC+0
1st Annual Walk/Run/Ride Challenge
November 1, 2020 to December 1, 2020
Join Life Preservers Project for our first-ever Step to Stop Trafficking Challenge! Throughout the month of November and leading up to #GivingTuesday, make a commitment to raise awareness around trafficking and challenge yourself to take on either 5,000 or 10,000 steps a day. Fundraise along the way to provide support to survivors of trafficking and educational resources around trafficking to our underserved communities.
This step challenge is about more than just logging steps each day. It’s about taking steps towards stopping labor and sex trafficking. It’s about taking steps to provide help to victims. It’s about taking steps to safeguard our youth in at risk communities.
Life Preservers Project is dedicated to eradicating human trafficking through fundraising, creative programming and a network of affinity relationships to organizations and agencies providing direct services to victims of human trafficking. We can only do so with help from people like you. Join us for Life Preservers Project Step to Stop Trafficking Challenge.
How It Works
There are two ways to participate—1) raising funds and 2) joining the step challenge
- Raising funds through your own donation page
- Create your fundraising page—Set up your account or log in to your existing account. Upload your photo, add a name for your fundraiser, and create a short about why you are participating and your goal.
- Kickoff donations—Start off your fundraising by making a donation to your own fundraising page. Consider starting with $20 to $30 to start.
- Joining the step challenge
- Join our fitness tracker platform—Download MoveSpring to your phone and join the challenge (click this link or use organization code LPP. We’ll be tracking your fitness activity there and awarding prizes for achieving goals such as overall average steps, distance, or minutes moved.
- Share your page. Use #LPPStepChallengeSend your page to your family, friends, co-workers, bosses and teammates to donate to the cause. Post to all your social channels.
- Get active!
- Participants should set their own run/walk/ride mileage goals on the treadmill or stationary bike or head outdoors (please observe social distance rules), or any other way you feel comfortable, anytime November 1 – December 1. Share your photos on social using #LPPStepChallenge.
- Win Prizes
- See below for list of fundraising prizes.
The more funds you raise helps us to raise awareness, the more gifts you’ll receive as a thank you for your commitment to stop human trafficking. Fundraise beginning October 26 through December 1; all gifts will be mailed out December 2020.
*These items are subject to change.
- Raise $150 and receive a Life Preservers Project T-Shirt
- Raise $300 and receive a Life Preserves Project SIGG Hot & Cold bottle
- Raise $600 and receive a Life Preservers Project Evrybox™ Charger + Speaker
- Raise $1000 and receive a Life Preservers Project Igloo 24 Can Cooler
We’re also giving a prize for the person who achieves the top overall average steps, distance, or minutes moved.
- What is a step challenge?
- This step challenge is a virtual event where people commit to a set goal of steps/miles per day for the duration of the challenge. You can get competitive with friends, family members, or coworkers and see who ends up with the most amount of steps by the end of the challenge!
- How many steps per day should I commit to?
- That’s up to you to decide! Check your fitness app to see what you typically walk daily and challenge yourself to go a little further for nature. You don’t need to hit these step goals everyday but see how many times you can hit those step goals throughout the course of the month–and remember that you’re taking steps toward creating a world free of human trafficking.
- I’ve never done a step challenge. Should I sign up?
- Yes! Step challenges are a fun way to stay active and keep you motivated. Try your first step challenge with us! Sign up today!
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER…
- All participants should protect their health and safety and that of others by social distancing and wearing a mask while participating.
- Please stay up to date on the latest news and guidelines from the CDC, WHO, and your local and national authorities about where you can participate and how to stay safe when taking steps outside.
- If you are feeling sick, please do not participate.
- If you are recovering from COVID-19 or a recent illness, please consult your physician before participating.