View a list of our upcoming events for the year. Want to stay notified of new events and initiatives? Subscribe to our mailing list.
- This event has passed.
How Corporate Legal Professionals Conquer Burnout through Volunteerism
October 12 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm UTC+0
Legal Lunch & Learn, Hybrid Event
The legal sector is experiencing the effects of burnout along with other business sectors, even though it has existed for a very long time. A March 2022 Bloomberg Law article noted that Bloomberg Law’s Attorney Workload and Hours survey reported that of 614 in-house and law firm attorneys, 52% were feeling burnout.
More legal professionals are discussing the burnout they are feeling and how they are battling it. One way is through volunteerism.
Life Preservers Project has teamed up with ACEDS South Florida Chapter and Women in eDiscovery Miami Chapter to bring together—at the Akerman Miami office and online via Zoom—a panel of business and legal professionals to address burnout and how volunteering can help to combat it.
Throughout the hybrid lunch and learn event, panelists will:
- Share the preliminary results of an ongoing study on burnout in the legal industry conducted by The Mind-Budget Connection, a volunteer group of attorneys, eDiscovery professionals, and researchers working to address burnout in the eDiscovery industry.
- Discuss observations from within law firms, legal service providers, and corporate environments.
- Provide resources to combat burnout available to legal and corporate professionals.
- Explore how volunteerism can be a hidden resource providing community and support (while serving the common good).
For attendees joining in person in Miami, food and beverages will be provided by:
- Emy Fernandez, MBA, Life Coach, Director of Marketing and Business Development at Coral Gables Counseling Center
- Frederick E. Owens, Jr., J.D., eDiscovery Project Manager at Gunster
- Jessie G. Torres, Esq., Partner at Berger Singerman
- Emily Bartkowicz, Litigation Support Manager at Akerman LLP (Moderator)
CLE Credits: Approved for 1 Hr of CLE in Florida
Want to get more involved? Visit www.lifepreserversproject.org to learn more.
Monetary donations will be accepted on site.
Through our annual events, Life Preservers Project, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, has been able to collect thousands of donations over the last 11 years to provide assistance to survivors of human trafficking.