Life Preservers Project
- Sites covered by this Privacy Statement
- Links to non-LPP websites
- Collection of personal information
To serve you better and understand your needs and interests, LPP collects, exports, and uses personal information with adequate notice and consent, when applicable. For example, when you order products or services, make a donation, request information, subscribe to marketing or support materials, register yourself or apply for a job at LPP, we will ask you to provide personal information to complete these transactions. The types of personal information you provide to us on these pages may include contact information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, financial information, such as your credit card number, and other unique information such as user IDs and passwords, billing and transaction information, product and service preferences, contact preferences, educational and employment background, and job interest data.
On occasion, LPP may provide you the opportunity to participate in surveys or other interactive campaigns on our website. If you participate, we will request certain personal information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code).
- How we use your information
The information LPP collects to understand your needs and interests helps LPP deliver a consistent and personalized experience. For example, LPP may use your information to:
- assist you in completing a transaction or order
- communicate with you about products and services
- provide service and support
- administer your account
- update you on new services and benefits
- provide personalized promotional offers
- select content to be communicated to you
- send you a newsletter
- personalize some LPP websites
- allow you to participate in contests and surveys
- contact you for market research regarding LPP products or services, or
- for other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information, or pursuant to your consent.
We will give you the opportunity to choose your privacy preferences regarding the communications we send.
Credit card information is used only for payment processing and fraud prevention. Credit card information and other sensitive personal information required to process a credit card transaction is not used for any other purpose by our financial services providers or LPP and will not be kept longer than necessary for providing the services, unless you ask us to retain your credit card information for future purchases.
- How we share your information
- LPP retains service providers and suppliers to deliver complete products, services, and customer solutions and to assist LPP with marketing and communication initiatives. These providers and suppliers include, for example, credit card processors, providers of customer support, email service providers, automated data processors, and shipping agents. Suppliers and service providers are required by contract to keep confidential the information received on behalf of LPP and may not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for LPP.
- Except as described in this Statement, LPP will not share the personal information you provide to LPP with non-LPP third parties without your permission, except to: (i) respond to duly authorized information requests of police and governmental authorities, (ii) comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, or court order, (iii) help prevent fraud or to enforce or protect the rights and properties of LPP or its subsidiaries, (iv) protect the personal safety of LPP employees and third parties on LPP property, or (v) when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others.
- Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, LPP decides to sell, buy, merge, or otherwise reorganize operations in some countries. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers. It is LPP practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
- Children’s privacy
LPP does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13) without requiring parental consent, and does not target its websites to children under age thirteen. Any person who provides information to us represents that they are thirteen (13) years of age or older. We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. If you have any questions or concerns in this matter, please contact us. If you believe we have inadvertently collected personally identifiable information from a child under age thirteen (13), please encourage the parent of the child to contact us, and we will provide the parent an opportunity to review the data inadvertently collected, and further provide the parent an opportunity to have such data deleted and agree to prevent its further use or collection.
- Your choices and selecting your privacy preferences
LPP gives you the choice of receiving a variety of information that complements our products and services. You can subscribe to receive certain product-specific and service-specific information and also choose to receive LPP general communications. We give you a choice regarding delivery of LPP general communications by postal mail, email and telephone.
You can make or change your choices about receiving either subscription or general communications at the data collection point or by using other methods, which are listed in the following sections. This option does not apply to communications primarily for the purpose of administering order completion, contracts, support, or other administrative and transactional notices as the primary purpose of these communications is not promotional in nature.
Subscription communications include email newsletters. that may be expressly requested by you or which you consented to receive. After you request such communications, you may opt out of receiving them by using one of the following methods:
- Select the email “opt out” or “unsubscribe” link or follow the opt-out instructions included in each subscription communication.
- Return to the web page(s) where you originally registered your preferences and follow the opt-out instructions.
- Write to LPP.. Be sure to provide your name, email and postal address, and specific relevant information about LPP subscriptions that you no longer wish to receive.
Please be aware that when you opt out of receiving certain communications, it may affect the services you have chosen to receive from LPP where accepting the communications is a condition of receiving the services.
- Access to and accuracy of your information
LPP strives to keep your personal information accurately recorded. We have implemented technology, management processes, and policies to help maintain data accuracy. LPP provides individuals with reasonable access to personal information that they provided to LPP and the reasonable ability to review and correct it or ask for anonymization, blockage, or deletion, as applicable. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a password and user ID, before granting access to your data. To view and change the personal information that you directly provided to LPP, contact LPP.
- Keeping your personal information secure
LPP takes seriously the trust you place in us. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, LPP utilizes appropriate physical, technical, and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information such as credit card information. SSL encryption is designed to make the information unreadable by anyone but us. This security measure is working when you see the symbol of either an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending on your browser) at the top or bottom of your browser window.
Credit card numbers are used only for processing payments and are not used for other purposes.
- Data Retention & Security
- Data Aggregation and Analysis
By providing data to LPP, you agree LPP may use the data to build analytic models to support LPP’s mission, products, and services. Before including your data into our proprietary data models, we will use commercially reasonable methods to de-identify your data to allow LPP to use the data in a manner that neither identifies nor provides a reasonable basis to identify you or any other individual. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that LPP shall be permitted to use all such data for the purpose of analyzing patterns, trends, and other statistical data derived from your data to provide, operate, maintain, and otherwise improve LPP’s mission, products, and services, and you grant LPP a license to your data to fulfill these purposes. Any such use of your data by LPP will be subject to the confidentiality and security provisions of this agreement. LPP will not disclose its analysis based on your data unless the data has been stripped of any information that could identify you.
- Changes to this statement
If LPP changes its privacy statement, LPP will post the revised statement here with an updated revision date. If we make significant changes to our statement, we may also notify you by other means, such as sending an email or posting a notice on our home page.
- Contacting us:
We value your opinions. If you have comments or questions about our privacy statement, please send them to LPP or write to us at the following address:
Life Preservers Project
2 Dawes Avenue
West Orange, NJ 07052